Introducing...Intumescent Acrylic SealantPosted on 2016-08-23
Introducing our new product line, Fire & Acoustic Seals Ltd FR Intumescent & Acoustic Acrylic Sealant. Halogen free, polymer emulsion based sealant designed to swell when subjected to temperatures in excess of 125°C. The sealant forms a char coat that restricts the passage of fire and smoke.
Really simple and straightforward to apply, the sealant dries to a flexible and smooth surfaced material which can be painted over. It has excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates and will not harden or crack with age.
- · Forms a fire and smoke seal in joints up to 35mm wide without slumping
- · Ideal for sealing joints in and around internal partitions, lap joints in fire-rated cladding and for sealing between fire doors and fire-rated walls
- · It is recommended that a sealant depth of at least 8mm be applied
- · If the sealant is to be painted over then be aware that building regulations may require a fire-resistant coating
· Application – to achieve a high quality joint, clean all surfaces, ensure the area is dry and remove dust. Non porous surfaces should be degreased using a suitable degreasing agent and highly porous surfaces should be sealed with a suitable primer prior to application. Apply masking tape to each side of the joint and apply sealant firmly into the joint, smoothing off with a wetted spatula. Masking tape should be removed within 10 minutes of application.
· Coverage – 1 tube of our Fire & Acoustic Seals FR Acrylic Sealant is sufficient to produce approximately 1m using a 20mm x 15mm bead.
· Available Sizes – our sealant is available in 310ml, 400ml, 600ml foil packs and 900ml cartridges.